Interested in being part of our team?
Interested in being part of our team?
Tagomics is applying innovative solutions for biomarker discovery to develop pioneering clinical assays capable of detecting, diagnosing and monitoring disease from simple, minimally-invasive blood tests.
We are seeking an adaptable, collaborative and future-focussed individual to join our growing and highly skilled Research & Development team, to develop, optimise, evidence, and implement cutting edge tools for biomarker discovery.
- Design, develop, test, validate and troubleshoot scientific workflows and assays.
- Develop, perform, review and document laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Implement and maintain quality control measures and processes.
- Lead projects, meet deliverables, and understand and implement laboratory objectives.
- Participate in monitoring the quality of reagents and troubleshooting reagent issues.
- Collaborate with computational biologists to assist in the interpretation of NGS results and with the project team to optimise laboratory procedures.
- Record, analyse, summarise, and report scientific results.
- Prepare reports, presentations, publications and applications as required.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment and uphold general laboratory cleanliness and upkeep.
- Provide technical and administrative support to assist in the smooth running of the laboratory. Keep up to date with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Health and Safety and other regulations relevant to the post.
- Maintain leading scientific insight and stay at the cutting edge of NGS methodology.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues.
- Teach, train and transition new concepts and methods.
- A self-starter and critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and effectively consider, coordinate, and implement multiple scientific ideas and projects.
- High-level organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to focus and work under pressure.
- A team player.
We are looking for:
- A Ph.D. (or equivalent commercial experience) in a related field (i.e molecular biology, biochemistry, cancer biology, genetics, chemistry, or biotechnology) with a minimum of 2+ years commercial/post-PhD experience in NGS-based assay development.
- Extensive experience in nucleic acid extraction, purification, quantification and manipulation (particularly of circulating cell free nucleic acids).
- Comprehensive knowledge of NGS approaches, including general molecular biology and nucleic acid biochemistry. A proven track record in applying this knowledge in NGS assay development and optimization for different applications, sequencing platforms, and analytes.
- Evidenced proficiency in next generation sequencing library preparation and QC (namely, in the preparation of circulating biomolecules for sequencing).
- An understanding of NGS data analysis pipelines, biological insight, and a familiarity with published genomic and epigenomic reference databases.
- Proven experience using Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction (qPCR).
- Experience troubleshooting molecular biology-based assays.
Bonus points if you have:
- An in-depth understanding of epigenomics and prior experience using epigenetic based technologies, such as: WGBS, oxBS-seq, RRBS, MeDIP, ATAC-seq, EM-seq, MethylCap-seq, ChIP-seq, Hi-C and single-cell sequencing etc.
- Track record in biomarker discovery.
- Experience in molecular diagnostic assay development, in an FDA, LDT/CLIA, CE-IVD regulated environment.
What can we offer in return?
- An opportunity to play a key role in the development of Tagomics as we move our technology towards clinical application.
- A chance to broaden your skillset and accelerate your career in a rapidly-growing and exciting business.
- Opportunity to join our share options scheme.